I have a confession to make. My living room is far from decorated. My sofa has only this one pillow on it. I actually only have two pillows in our whole living room at the moment! I've been recycling pillows from other places in the house to take some of my pictures for the blog. In my number art post I pulled the chartreuse pillow from our entry. I think it is about time I got to making some more pillows for this room since I never seem to find any I like in my local haunts.
Here is my one-pillowed sofa. So sad!
I made a collage of pillows in order to give myself some DIY inspiration. I found that putting all the pillows I liked in this collage helped hone in what I liked and I now have a better idea what look I am going for. Maybe I don't have more pillows in my room because I didn't really have a direction in which to go. If you look at the pillows below, it looks like I am still gravitating towards black and white with some hits of colour.
Here are the pillows from left to right and some of my ideas for making a DIY version of them:
- Follow the Sky - I was thinking a colour blocked pillow would be easy to make from 2-3 different fabrics sewn together.
- Fun II - As the name of pillow says, the glitter dots are too fun.
- Black Cross - I'm thinking of knitting a cross pillow cover
- Nordic Combination 7 - I have a serious love for triangles lately. Maybe some painted triangles on fabric?
- Bird Pillow - I heart this bird pillow from H&M. Too bad H&M home is only in Europe! Maybe one of my kind relatives would like to buy this for me. :)
- Marimekko Lumimarja - I have a tiny bit of leftover lumimarja fabric from my dining and living room curtains which I may make into a small pillow
- Marimekko Pienet Kivet - I picked up some kivet pillow shams on clearance from Crate and Barrel which I may make into a toss pillow cover
- Cross My Heart - I like this heart pillow that looks like cross stitch. I loved to do cross stitch when I was younger and love anything embroidered. Perhaps, I will do a little cross-stitching again.
- Colombia - More triangle lurve! I also really like the colour combo.
Has anyone else been on a pillow hunt lately?
sharing at: tatertots&jello